A leading UK life, pensions and investment business process outsourcer
Interim Managing Director, Life and Pensions and member of management team that lead the organisation through significant restructuring and turnaround.
This company was facing a challenging trading climate. One of read shepley’s executives was responsible for the leadership of a senior account executive team, bid management, executive reporting and marketing functions. The ultimate goal was to find a buyer. The role involved cost-cutting across all areas of the operation, whilst maintaining levels of service and customer satisfaction.
- Preparing the business for sale through improved P&L and balance sheet performance.
- Responsible for account director team, renegotiating long-term and evergreen BPO contracts in line with new centre of excellence TOM, regulatory change and system migration challenges. The existing contracts were with both leading and smaller independent life and pension organisations.
- Managing pipeline and leading sales and bid management teams, including a £142m evergreen outsourcing bid for the life and pensions outsourcing contract of a leading UK insurer.
- Expenses management, including making many senior people redundant through the rationalisation process.
- Working with operation teams to develop a new target operating model, a centre of excellence, and working with an Indian-based outsourcing company to establish a new strategic alliance for offshore operations.
The business was sold as planned.